About the Winery
The company, although recently founded, actually has historical roots. The first traces of the Barale family date back to 1600. The landowner Francesco Barale began making wine in 1870 and passed the baton to his son Carlo who founded the “Barale-Rinaldi”. Following family splits, Carlo Barale’s sons, Giovanni Battista and our grandfather Giuseppe, took over the reins of the company called “Barale Fratelli” until 1984. In the 1980s, the death of the brothers led to the new transfer of the management to the sons of Giuseppe, Sergio and Carlo Barale. In 1985, after the untimely death of Diego and Damiano’s father Carlo, the Barale Fratelli company definitively passed to Sergio Barale, the uncle. Diego and Damiano were little children and inherited the land from the father located in the villages of Barolo and Monforte d’Alba together with the “Aie Sottane” farmhouse, one of the oldest houses in the centre of Barolo, just around the corner from the caste, which is now restored and headquarters of the “Diego e Damiano Barale” winery. After the lease agreements coinciding with the period of studies, Diego dedicated himself to the activity of winemaker and Damiano, in the meantime, practiced as a cellarman in local companies. The rest is recent history, in 2012 the first Langhe Nebbiolo 2010 label comes out with the new brand, a symbol of work and nature, audacity and luck.
The two brothers, both wine technicians, have the ambition to continue the family tradition.
The winery Diego and Damiano Barale covers an area of about 8 ha: vineyards Cannubi, Monrobiolo of Bussia and Castellero are located in the Barolo district, while the vineyard San Giovanni is in the district of Monforte d’Alba. The wines have a traditional imprint in order to best preserve the aromatic natural qualities derived from our grapes.